“Tea is not just a beverage, it’s a way of life.”– Anonymous
The Tea Chinese Wall Hanging crochet pattern is inspired by the Chinese ceremony of tea.
The Chinese character 茶 (chá) means “tea”. The character consists of two parts: 艹 (cǎo), which means grass or plant, and 余 (yú), which is a phonetic component that represents the sound of the character.
The Chinese tea ceremony is a traditional way of preparing and serving tea that has been practiced for centuries. It is a form of art and meditation that involves a series of ritualized steps, from selecting the tea leaves and preparing the tea utensils to steeping and serving the tea.
The ceremony typically takes place in a serene and quiet setting, such as a teahouse, garden, or temple. The tea master, who is usually highly skilled and experienced in the art of tea, prepares the tea with great care and attention to detail.
Here are some of the steps that are commonly involved in the Chinese tea ceremony:
- Choosing the tea: The tea master carefully selects the tea leaves, taking into consideration their origin, quality, age, and aroma.
- Preparing the tea utensils: The tea master cleans and warms up the tea utensils, including the teapot, cups, and tea tray, to ensure that the tea is brewed at the optimal temperature and flavor.
- Rinsing the tea: The tea leaves are rinsed with hot water to remove any impurities and to awaken their flavor.
- Steeping the tea: The tea leaves are steeped multiple times, each time for a short period of time, to extract the optimal flavor and aroma.
- Serving the tea: The tea is served in small cups, with each cup being poured with great care and attention to detail.
- Appreciating the tea: The guests are encouraged to savor the tea’s aroma, color, and taste, and to appreciate its beauty and complexity.
The Chinese tea ceremony is not just about drinking tea, but also about cultivating a sense of mindfulness, appreciation, and harmony with nature. It is a way of connecting with oneself, with others, and with the universe, and of experiencing the beauty and simplicity of life.
PIN IT FOR LATER
The Tea Chinese Wall Hanging is an advanced beginner tapestry crochet pattern. The pattern guides you step by step through tapestry crochet with clear written instructions, pictures, and video tutorials.
If this is your first time coming across a tapestry crochet project, I have a series of Tapestry Crochet Tutorial that I would suggest you check out before you start this project. The tutorial provides simple patterns for you to practice as well. The type of tapestry crochet that I used for the Hope Chinese Wall Hanging is the one that I called Two-Directional Flat Tapestry Crochet.
To work on this pattern, you will need:
- Tea Chinese Wall Hanging crochet pattern by Haven Crochet Designs
- Caron One Pound yarn (this is a thicker #4 worsted weight yarn; 454g/16oz, 742m/812yds per ball)
- Main Color – approx. 217 yds
- Contrast Color – approx. 95 yds
- 5mm crochet hook
- Yarn needle
- (1) 3/16” x 18” wood dowel
- (1) 3/8” x 24” wood dowel
- Blocking mat, pins, spray bottle with water
The finished project measures approximately 19” x 19” (without top dowel).
This pattern and associated images are copyright protected and the sole property of Haven Crochet Designs. The pattern is for personal use only and may not be redistributed, transferred, or sold. Please do not alter the pattern in order to claim it as your own. Items produced from my patterns may be sold at your discretion. However, I kindly ask that you credit me as the designer and provide a link back to my site www.havencrohetdesigns.com, or provide my social media handle @havencrochetdesigns. For more details, see Terms and Conditions.